Submissions are OPEN from July 1 – August 16, 2023.
Speculative City publishes provocative works that are centered within a cityscape.
We are looking for fiction, poetry, and essays within the theme of the magazine’s upcoming issue–megacity (see below).
Writers published are paid $20-$55 according to the category and length of their submission. We do not include submissions with lengths exceeding 5500 words.
- All submissions should be the original, unpublished work of the submitter.
- We will accept simultaneous submissions, but please inform us if the submission has been accepted by another publication.
- We do not accept multiple submissions for fiction or essays.
- We accept a maximum of five poems for poetry submissions. Please submit poems in one document.
We DO NOT accept AI generated content.
HOW TO SUBMIT
All submissions should be sent as an attachment to speculativecitysubmissions @ gmail.com. Please submit word (.doc, .docx) or rich text format (.rtf) files and format your submission according to our format guide.
Include the following email subject line: SPECULATIVE CITY SUBMISSION – [title of your submission]. Also include a short author bio in your submission email.
Before submitting work, please also be familiar with our contract.
noun | me·ga·ci·ty | \ ˈme·gə·si·tē \
- A densely settled space with millions of inhabitants
Please send all inquiries to info @ speculativecity .com .
We try to respond to all submissions, but as a small team, we may not always be able to.