Submissions are OPEN from July 19 – November 15 for a special double-feature issue with writer LP Kindred as guest editor.
For this double feature, we invite writers who specifically identify as queer AND BIPOC. We seek provocative fiction, poetry, and essays that are centered within the cityscape—cities are vital spaces of community that act as a welcome ground and place of exploration.
Writers published will be paid $20-$55 according to the category and length of their submission. We do not include submissions with lengths exceeding 5500 words.
- All submissions should be the original, unpublished work of the submitter.
- We will accept simultaneous submissions, but please inform us if the submission has been accepted by another publication.
- We do not accept multiple submissions for fiction or essays.
- We accept a maximum of five poems for poetry submissions. Please submit poems in one document.
- Please submit word (.doc, .docx) or rich text format (.rtf) files and format your submission according to our format guide.
- Please send all inquiries to info @ speculativecity .com .
- We try to respond to all submissions, but as a small team, we may not always be able to.
All submissions should be sent through Green Submissions. Green Submissions requires users to create an account. Please see link to sign up and submit at https://greensubmissions.com/1024/speculative-city/index.php.
Before submitting work, please also be familiar with our contract.